| Help
midbodytop

Grow your own food successfully with localised knowledge at your finger tips, using our yearly Gardener subscription.
Register now
icon Profile

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Planting
Posted by: Debra (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2010 12:26AM

When I use the search by day tool it states mustard greens and sage are ideal to plant today (5/9/10). Then when I go into these individual plants the ideal planting day is 7,8,9,16,17,18,24,25,26.

Re: Planting
Posted by: Peter (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2010 12:40AM

Hi Debra,

Thanks for pointing that out. Today is leaf and flower and you will see those types of plants in the search result. Mustard greens, as a leaf plant, is also ideal for me to plant today. I had the same issue when I went to the actual plant, so there is a bug that has crept into that page.

The leaf days this month are: 5,6,7, 13,14,15, 23,24, and 25.

We will get the bug fixed.

Peter
Happy gardening
www.cityfoodgrowers.com

Posted by: Debra (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2010 01:13AM

Thanks Peter. Will go and plant it now.

Debra

Posted by: Michele (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2012 09:47PM

I've noticed that this is still happening and I wasn't sure whether to post here or on a new thread.

For example, I wanted to do some planting last Saturday, 5th May. Broccoli shows up as ideal, but when I went into the plant information, these are the dates listed:

In your reply above you state for that particular date in question it was a leaf and flower date - are the types of days listed somewhere on the site I've overlooked?

So my next question is, which date do I go by? The 'plant search by day'-'ideal', or the plant details page?

I'm very new to biodynamic gardening and learning my way around the calendar, so I was thrilled to find your site and all the resources you offer.

Posted by: Peter (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2012 02:49AM

Hi Michelle

The planetary days change each year and we upload a new file at start of the calendar year. Your comment has highlighted a bug in our site which is now being fixed. With brocolli, it is designated as a flower plant and all the flower days in May 2012 are 5,6, 13,14,15, 23,24,25 whereas when you click brocolli and see the ideal days it shows different days. Those different days are incorrect and are actually leaf days. I do not know how that bug crept in but it will be fixed in the next day or so. Once it it is fixed, this box will show all the days in the month when the planetary sign is ideal for that plant.

The term ideal is used in two contexts in the site. When you get the search result with a by day or month, it show plants that are Ideal or OK. This is based on the climate comparisons. Ideal is where the planting temp and growing temp are perfect in relation to the month you plant and the growing period. OK is where the growing temp range is fine but planting temp is not perfect.

The second context in how its used is when you open a plant that is say Ideal in the by month or by day search, you will see the landing page which has a box with Ideal days in the month. This Ideal refers to the planetary days, perhaps we should term it "Ideal planetary days" instead of Ideal.

The joys of software development.

Thanks

Peter

Peter
Happy gardening
www.cityfoodgrowers.com

Posted by: Michele (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2012 03:05AM

Hi Peter

Thanks for clearing that up for me - I really appreciate your help!

cheers
Michele

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Follow cityfoodgrowers on Twitter

Follow cityfoodgrowers on Facebook

refer a friend
Bookmark and Share
midbodybottom