| Help
midbodytop

Grow your own food successfully with localised knowledge at your finger tips, using our yearly Gardener subscription.
Register now
icon Profile

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
General Questions
Posted by: Marissa (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2009 09:43PM

A couple of general questions on Biodynamic's....

Are there any local groups in Brisbane that have meetings?
And are there any retail stores dedicated to Biodynamic produce?

Re: General Questions
Posted by: Peter (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2009 10:08PM

Hi Marissa,

We have a Biodynamic study group out in Samford and work through Steiners agriculture lectures. It is a great way to learn. I do Biodynamic workshops each month with the next one on the 29th August. These are one day workshops and give you a good introduction to the theory and practice of Biodynamics.

The only Biodynamic produce that is commonly available at health food stores and perhaps some supermarkets is Yoghurt and this is from Paris Creek from Adelaide. We get BD rice and flour from our local health food shop in Samford, so try one in your area (the flour is amazing for cakes and home made bread). Biodynamic wine is best wine you will get and this is available at some wine shops, just ask around. So far as fruit and vegetables, there are a couple of sellers at the Northey street Sunday markets which are BD farmers and they sell good stuff and one of them from the Sunshine Coast has open days at his farm which I highly recommend.

I grow vegetables with Biodynamic methods (not certified) and these are sold on a small scale via the Samford Local growers Group and at the recently commenced market stall which is on the second Saturday of each month. There is one on tomorrow.

If you would like to join the study group, come to a workshop and just visit us to have a chat please do feel free. Contact me by email and I can give you more details.

Peter
Happy gardening
www.cityfoodgrowers.com

Posted by: john (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2009 11:09PM

Any person in Brisbane is welcome to contact me with a view to a regular group meeting at the rear garden of the Brahma Kumaris Meditation Centre in Auchenflower at 347 Milton Road to discuss biodynamic gardening. This is on the route 470 bus line from Ann Street in the city. It is also a short walk from Milton and Auchenflower train stations.

I will convene a regular meeting if there is sufficient interest. We can also meet at the office of Friends of the Earth at West End in the evenings.

John Drew....tel 0405 499 018 and activist2006@yahoo.com.au

Posted by: john (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2009 11:30PM

Alas this venue is not available so I am looking around for another large garden in the inner city.

Posted by: clayton (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2010 08:12PM

Re. Companion planting herbs in a medicinal garden.

Once understanding the planetary and elemental influence upon a plant/herb is it plausible to companion plant according to primary astrological friends and foes?

Any resources/ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Date: November 11, 2010 08:19PM

Hi Clayton

If you mean by that question, is it OK to use the planetary planting indications on your companion planting activities as well as your main crop, then the answer is yes.

The planetary indications relate to all plants and benefit planting, cultivating and harvesting.

If your question was something else, please explain a bit more.

Peter
Happy gardening
www.cityfoodgrowers.com

Posted by: Roland (IP Logged)
Date: September 27, 2012 11:03PM

Hi,

Has anyone used Flowforms to mix your Biodynamic preps? If so, I'm interested in their efficacy?

Thanks

Date: October 15, 2012 12:47AM

Hi Roland

Flow forms are commonly used by farmers to prepare larger quantities of BD preparations. I think they are very well accepted as a device to stir the preparations since the flow form creates vortices which energize the mixture just as you would if you stir it. How much land do you have to work with?

Peter
Happy gardening
www.cityfoodgrowers.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Follow cityfoodgrowers on Twitter

Follow cityfoodgrowers on Facebook

refer a friend
Bookmark and Share
midbodybottom